Saturday, March 10, 2007

The best of my generation


The Crucible was inspiring. I loved all of it and it was a timely reminder of how much theatre means to me. It's the only thing I know how to do right. Even so, I'm nowhere near the actor I could be or want to be.

I have the ability but I'm only starting to wake up to how easy it is to be crap. There were times last weekend in The Factory when I was onstage with no lines and no movement. I needed to just hold my place onstage and give my focus to the action. It takes concentration (all acting demands complete concentration all of the time) and if you switch off, well the scene loses your input and is weakened. So I gave it everything... and then gave it too much. I started overacting; drawing the attention back to me. Why? I don't want to answer that to you yet.

Lesson learned. Impetus regained. I wanna be the best I can be. I want to be onstage. I have two months to finish my degree in engineering and then I can get on with getting what I want.

I've sent my profile to the Sligo Arts Office, I'll soon have an Actor blog and I am looking into what opportunities Galway provides in drama (training or doing).

>>> WATCH THIS SPACE >>>

No comments: