Wednesday, January 21, 2009

"You don't know...

... how beautiful you are."



So we have a new U2 song called 'Get On Your Boots' and it's good, quite good. It practically picks up where 'Vertigo' left off which is odd considering all the talk about how the new album, No Line On The Horizon, is as big a sonic change for the band as Achtung Baby. However, the first thing that struck me on first listening was, wow, that sounds different. And when the guys sing, "you don't know how beautiful you are", my heart lifts. But most surprising for a song of this nature is that it's a grower.

So a good single. I just hope the album lives up to the expectation. All U2 albums of late have been excellent but for me, personally, Zooropa was the last album that made me think "Greatest Band On Earth." I hope this one is as good, if not better.

No comments: