Sunday, January 11, 2009

Short term memory loss

Last night, I went too close to the edge. I'll put it down to the new character I will start becoming on Tuesday.

Trollied is a new play, written and directed by Róisín Stack. It's about twenty minutes long and takes place as part of Múscailt 2009. Múscailt is an arts festival that runs annually in NUIG. All performances run in the Bank of Ireland Theatre and the festival is in the second week of February. I play the part of Cian, a man in his late twenties who comes across two sixteen year old girls drinking in a carpark of a Friday night. The girls try to impress him by pretending to be older than they are. He doesn't believe them but doesn't stop them either. As Róisín says, "the play takes a more honest look at the way younger people play at being grown-ups with sometimes traumatic consequences."

We start work on Tuesday and I am glad to be getting back up on stage.

A friend said to me this week that I look more at ease on stage than off -- doesn't say much for my everyday comings and goings, does it?

No comments: