Sunday, August 12, 2007

Is Richie Bennis into the Kings Of Leon?

This is class. From Michael Leister's online column from 5th July.

I doubt if Limerick hurling manager Richie Bennis is a Kings of Leon fan (though let's not jump to conclusions). However, he would certainly identify with some of the lyrics on their excellent current album 'Because Of The Times'.

On 'My Party' they sing: 'So now we're on our way / It's taking us on journeys where we wipe away the frowns amongst a crowded place', adding later: 'My cocky look emerges when you question my moves / Because you ain't got no taste / You're talking about my baby / I could flip you upside down and I could mop this place.' Now that I come to think of it, their sound is infinitely better than their lyrics .. but anyway.

No comments: